Thursday, January 21, 2010

Miracles...of the little sort

I've been struggling some lately. I have felt God calling me out of one ministry...and into...He only knows. It has been really hard. I love that ministry and have a heart for the people, who have been more like family. I love the heart of the ministry....
But I had a feeling that God was calling me out of this. I am not a quitter. And it was so hard to leave half way through the year...
It broke me in a lot of ways. And it hurt the people that I was working with...
A friend of mine was recently in this same situation of being called from where he was.
He was saying that sometimes people get hurt through not understanding the work of God....
I don't know if I like that...but it makes sense.
Ah, I've even been stupid and selfish enough to get jealous and hurt over a friend moving away...to do missions work...how insane is that?!

But, I was at peace that I would take the step to follow whatever God had in mind for this semester...
I was broken about leaving the group...

I was sitting in my room talking to my roommate when we got a knock on the door...

I had heard this girl perform spoken word last semester and it was really touching...such a blessing
so i wrote her a note and found her dorm and slipped in under her door.

she was the knock at the door...
she had been looking for me.
she came to say thank you.
and said to keep life open. and shining for God
and just to follow Him through every action of life...
to trust and live.
it was such a peace.

she prayed over me.
such an encouragement.

The God of the universe continues to surprise me...
and I don't know why I continue to think of Him on Human terms...

I'm smiling ...
true joy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey friend. so glad you are back on the blogging bandwagon. missed you! I love the little glimpses into your heart. Andy and I have been talking a lot recently about how God surprises us-it's beyond what we imagine but it's always for our good. I love how he does that and love you too!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Me? Um, my passion is my Savior. I love serving, laughing, hanging out with family and friends and being outside! I tend to talk to loud, embarrass myself a good bit and think a little outside the norm. I love to travel. I would live anywhere in the world if you let me...