Friday, January 16, 2009

Hello From India!!

Hey Guys!! Sorry....I'm failing at keeping you updated so far...
Everything is going so amazing here!! This past week we were able to hold a 4 day sports camp at 3 different village schools. All the brothers and sisters here are SO on fire for the cause! Its so encouraging....I feel like this is what the BODY is supposed to look like. During the camp we worked with 200ish kids ranging in age from 6ish-17ish. Grades here are NOT the same. You might have a 3rd grade class of a couple 8 year olds, 12 year olds and 16 year olds...it just depends. Our team was partnered with 3 amazing translators!! Everyone of them has been so awesome. I made friends fast with a girl that translated for us...I have learned in the last few days that her family (that is completely Hindu) is so against the work she is doing with us that they have beat her this week......after she told me that she said praise Him! .....I was taken back. Could I have faith that strong if I was in the same position...? He is at work here!! My team toured around downtown today....there is so much darkness here...and yet He is at work. The lights that are shining are so bright. I can't explain it. (ok, more stories later when I don't have to watch what I type....=)
Love you all!!!
Chels

2 comments:

  1. You truly inspire me to be a better person for HIM...I have learned soooo much from you in the few years that I have known you. You have a faith that is genuine & passionate....Those children that you are with right now are blessed more than they will ever know by having this time with you.
    Chels....You are amazing and I love you dearly!!
    Cissy...aka...Watusi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend! So glad to hear from you! We've been thinking of you often! Can't wait to hear more when you get back!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Me? Um, my passion is my Savior. I love serving, laughing, hanging out with family and friends and being outside! I tend to talk to loud, embarrass myself a good bit and think a little outside the norm. I love to travel. I would live anywhere in the world if you let me...