Saturday, April 11, 2009

I went to newspring church today. their easter service was such a Godthing. Perry spoke on heaven and hell/Jesus' amazing life/the lack in our lives...the statement that really struck me was how Perry worded the invitation to accept Jesus. He said Jesus did all this for you- He died for you, he DIED for YOU. He SAVED you...the least you can do is get up out of your seat and come to the front and show how serious you are about becoming a child of God.
I'm tired of ''pretty'' Christianity. I don't know how else to say this. I have struggled alot lately with this. I look at Jesus' life. I look at what He has done for me and through me and in my heart as i type. what am I NOT doing for Him that I could be? That's my train of thought.
Why am I in school? ~ Shouldn't I be in the streets on India serving the kids?
Why do I have a car? ~ Shouldn't I sell it and use the money to dig wells in Africa?
Why do I go out to eat with friends? ~ Could I use that money some other way?
I know that God works through the school and the car and community with friends (in restaurants or not...) I just have really been thinking alot about that lately.
He DIED for ME, HE SAVED ME...the least I can do is.....___ fill in the blank.
Please, any insight on this is soooo appreciated.
chels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Me? Um, my passion is my Savior. I love serving, laughing, hanging out with family and friends and being outside! I tend to talk to loud, embarrass myself a good bit and think a little outside the norm. I love to travel. I would live anywhere in the world if you let me...