Wednesday, October 28, 2009

why aren't we in jail?

OK! another thought. I've kinda been holding on to this one since sunday....its not fully developed, but here goes.

Ok, sunday night some friends and i were talking. we were going through galatians chapter 2. the passage galatians 2:5 caught our attention. Paul and others refused to follow the (Jewish) tradition or law so that they would be able to truly live.
One of my amazing friends shared that once he was talking to Shane Claiborne and heard alot of the stories where Shane was actually put in jail several times....for helping homeless and others.

Do we have "american" or "christian" unspoken laws or traditions that it is time for us to lay down? Why aren't we in jail for breaking those cultural boundaries? ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Me? Um, my passion is my Savior. I love serving, laughing, hanging out with family and friends and being outside! I tend to talk to loud, embarrass myself a good bit and think a little outside the norm. I love to travel. I would live anywhere in the world if you let me...