Monday, January 5, 2009

2 more days....!!

Hey Friends!

I can't believe I will be leaving on THURSDAY!! I will be leaving on Thursday and will continue to areas in South Asia! I will be serving on a small team with a few other amazing people. I have to be vague about some details right now due to safety reasons.

God has already brought me on an amazing journey....I am amazed how quickly and flawlessly God has brought this trip together. August of 08 I went on a medical missions trip to El Salvador with Andy Lamb and his team. I can honestly say that that trip was life changing. I came back to the US with even more of a passion for missions and the people of other cultures. I had lunch with Cathy Lamb (Andy's wife) in early October. This lunch was just to talk about the August mission and future plans in my life. I don't even know how it happened...but....somewhere in the conversation I mentioned that I would love to serve for a season in South Asia . ...that started it all.

Next thing I know Cathy contacted one of her close family friends and gave me His contact information. God is truly amazing and mysterious in how He works! I raised all my support money by the end of November and am getting on a plane in less than 72 hours!!

God has been preparing me for this trip...I am not exactly sure what to expect, But I know that something big is in store. I cannot wait to see what all the Lord has been doing over there...=)

My hope is to be able to blog on a regular basis while over seas. (I'm not exactly sure what to expect as far as down time at night and internet service)

Please be praying for my team. There is so much that we hope to accomplish while over there!! Please pray that God would be able to work through us in amazing ways. ....=)

I am so blessed to have all of you as friends and family!! I love you guys and am so encouraged by y'all!

In His Amazing Grace,
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Me? Um, my passion is my Savior. I love serving, laughing, hanging out with family and friends and being outside! I tend to talk to loud, embarrass myself a good bit and think a little outside the norm. I love to travel. I would live anywhere in the world if you let me...